I don’t know about you but I’m a grazer. I eat a little here and there. . and munch all day long. I need to have healthy snacks (or tasty treats) within reach and easily accessible at all times. You don’t want to me around me when I’m hungry and if there’s no food within arm’s reach.
So for today’s Mid-Week Cheater Recipe, I bring you . . Parmesan Crisp Twirls with Thyme.
Call them what you want but these twirly sticks are delicious. And kept me pretty happy for a couple days. They are made with puff pastry. One of the best things ever made. So give these a whirl. These are so easy and quick to make. I hope you enjoy!
Start with your puff pastry sheet (defrosted) and brush with an egg wash. Sprinkle generously and energetically with your Parmigiano-Reggiano and fresh thyme.
Slice the puff pastry into strips and twist. Lay on a prepared baking sheet (you can use parchment paper, your Silpat . . I used my Silpain).
And bake! Can’t get any easier than that!
Parmesan Crisp Twirls with Thyme
Author: Hip Foodie Mom
Recipe type: Appetizer or Snack
- 2- puff pastry sheets; defrosted
- egg wash: 1 large egg + 1 teaspoon water
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (as much as you want)
- heaping tablespoon of fresh thyme (leaves only)
- salt; if desired
- flour for work area only
- special equipment: a pizza cutter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your baking sheet with parchment paper or your Silpain or Silpat non-stick baking mat.
- On a lightly floured work surface, unfold your defrosted puff pastry. Brush the puff pastry with the egg wash, generously sprinkle on the parmesan and thyme. Press down into the puff very gently. Sprinkle on a little kosher salt if additional saltiness if desired; don’t use too much.
- Cut the puff pastry into even strips (using the pizza cutter) and twist a few times in order to create the twirls in the pastry. Lay down on the baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Original Content provided by Hip Foodie Mom