If there was ever a recipe that I wanted everyone to try .. because it’s insanely easy and so delicious, it’s THESE best ever coconut macaroons.
And the best part? They are dipped in chocolate . . .
AND these babies only require 5 ingredients. 5 ingredients! No egg whites, no vanilla. . only 4 ingredients if you only use one kind of chocolate.
You simply start with sweetened shredded coconut and mix it with sweetened condensed milk. Then, you add some almond slices and – I used my cookie scoop– scoop out tablespoon sized coconut balls and place onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
While your coconut macaroons are cooling, cut up your chocolate (I used a mix of semi-sweet and bittersweet) and melt it.
When the coconut macaroons are ready and have cooled a bit, simply dip them into the chocolate and let cool on parchment paper (I used my Roul’Pat non-stick countertop workstation mat). You can also pop them into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to help the chocolate set faster.
Best Ever Coconut Macaroons
Recipe makes 18-20 tablespoon sized coconut macaroons.
Author: Hip Foodie Mom
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate; chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or your silicone non-stick baking mat. In a large bowl, combine the coconut flakes, sweetened condensed milk and the almonds.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place tablespoon sized macaroons on your baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the macaroons are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- While the macaroons are cooling, using a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chopped chocolate in :30 intervals until softened and melted. Whisk together until smooth. Dip in the coconut macaroons and set on parchment paper to allow the chocolate to set. You can also place the chocolate dipped macaroons in your refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes if desired. Enjoy!
Today’s SundaySupper is all about recipes using 5 ingredients or less and I’m hosting!! You simply must take a look at the fabulous line-up down below. . I can’t believe some of these require only 5 ingredients! From appetizers and salads to sides, main dishes and dessert, we have everything covered so make sure you visit each recipe below and PIN and save for later!
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
Side and Accompaniments
Dessert and Beverages
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Original Content provided by Hip Foodie Mom