Snowy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Slightly crispy on the outside and chewy and delicious on the inside! These cookies are a must bake this holiday season! And join me and Ghirardelli on December 10th, for their Annual Baking Day! Read the post to learn more!
The holidays are here! It finally snowed here in Wisconsin on Sunday and it was gorgeous! I spent the entire day inside baking cookies. I loved it. My oven was on, music playing and the smells of everything chocolate and good and right filled my kitchen.
Come December, I’m usually baking up a storm and this year is no different. There’s something about baking with my daughters, making memories, seeing their excitement and, of course, enjoying something delicious when we are finished.
This includes bribing them with cookies to help me take photos too.
This Saturday, December 10th from 8am to 4pm PST, Ghirardelli is hosting their 2nd Annual Baking Day (all over social media) to welcome in the holiday season! They are partnering with Food52 and are sharing recipes, tips and tricks and will be giving away lots of prizes!!! Join me, Ghirardelli and Food52 by sharing YOUR holiday recipes! We want to see what YOU are baking! Share over social media and use this hashtag: #SweetestSecret
I’m convinced that cookies get all the attention in the holiday season because you can bake a variety of them easily and they are portable. They can be shipped, they can be packaged up easily and they can be exchanged.
Do you need a great cookie recipe for a holiday cookie exchange or an upcoming holiday party? Or, are you baking for your family or making homemade gifts?
Well, these cookies are it!
They start with melted Ghirardelli chocolate, the chocolate featured above.
Melted chocolate is the most glorious thing. . wouldn’t you agree?
Mix up the cookie dough and roll the cookie dough balls in powdered sugar.
Bake and enjoy!
Snowy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
*I used Ghirardelli’s Premium Baking Bar, 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate
Author: Hip Foodie Mom
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled*
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, mix together the oil, melted and cooled chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated.
- Using a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. With the stand mixer on low, slowly add all of the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients until all incorporated. Remove the bowl from the mixer, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Scoop out cookie dough by teaspoonfuls into the powdered sugar (use tablespoon sized dough balls for larger cookies if desired) and roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place the cookie dough balls at least 2 to 3 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly crispy around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from here
Giveaway open to anyone with a valid email address. . BUT VISA gift card will be in US dollars. I am hosting this giveaway so the winner can buy all necessary cookie ingredients to make these cookies OR, just treat yourself to something fun!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. I am hosting the giveaway, as my gift to YOU! Enjoy and happy holidays!!!
Original Content provided by Hip Foodie Mom