Sesame Ginger Chex Party Mix! Try this new delicious twist on your traditional party Chex mix! Start a new holiday tradition with this bold recipe, including the flavors of soy sauce, hoisin, sesame sticks, and ginger!!
I can’t believe this year is coming to an end. Where on earth did 2016 go? I feel like I say this every year but this year I mean it!
I feel like I took a nap and the year flew by!
We had the craziest, longest day ever at the airport yesterday. . and we’re still here in Madison. Yup, we never even boarded the plane and left. Our plane had mechanical issues, a mechanic had to drive here from Chicago and they kept telling us we were going to still leave. . but 9 to 10 hours later, we didn’t.
We literally spent all day at the airport. My kids were such good sports about it all and now, as you are reading this, we are hopefully in the air and flying to Dallas.
I’m keeping this one short today. . because it’s the holidays. . and we just need to get right down to business.
This Sesame Ginger Chex Party Mix!!! You guys, this is SO GOOD!
It all starts with Corn and Rice Chex cereal from General Mills. This cereal is a staple at my house!!
I love making Chex party mix over the holidays for my family and friends to munch on. This one has some Asian inspired flavors that I think you will love! Make this for Christmas day, or New Years Eve! Either way, I hope you try this!
Click here for more Chex party mix recipes ideas!
Sesame Ginger Chex Party Mix
Author: Hip Foodie Mom
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- 1 cup mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, cashews, pecans and brazil nuts)
- 1 cup dry roasted edamame
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 250?F. Using a very large mixing bowl, combine and mix together the Corn and Rice Chex cereal, mini pretzels, sesame sticks, mixed nuts and dry roasted edamame. Set aside.
- Using a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together the butter, sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and ground ginger until combined and smooth. Remove from heat and drizzle all over the dry Chex cereal mixture in your large bowl and toss well to coat.
- Pour the mixture evenly onto 2 large (18 x13) rimmed baking sheet pans and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, for about 15 minutes and then store in airtight containers or zip-top bags.
Disclosure: I was compensated by General Mills to develop this recipe. All opinions stated are 100% my own. The first photo is from General Mills.
Original Content provided by Hip Foodie Mom